JISC Common Repository Interfaces Group (CRIG)
JISC set up the Common Repository Interfaces Group (CRIG) to help identify problem spaces in the repository landscape and suggest innovative solutions. The CRIG consists of a core group of technical, policy and development staff with repository interface expertise. It encourages anyone to join who is dedicated and passionate about surfacing scholarly content on the web. Please see below for joining details.
For an interactive version of the diagram below (i.e. the image as a 'table of contents' that links to important pages throughout this wiki) please see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wocrig/2469877865/
- The original CRIG workplan is here .
- The CRIG workplan is being supported by a the WoCRIG (Wisdom of CRIG) support team, commissioned via this invitation to tender .
- Les Carr, University of Southampton (co-chair)
- Jim Downing, Cambridge University (co-chair)
- Julie Allinson, Digital Library Manager, University of York (SAFIR and SWORD projects)
- Chris Awre, University of Hull
- Richard Green, University of Hull (RepoMMan project)
- David F. Flanders, The Bloomsbury Colleges consortium (WoCRIG project)
- Paul Walk, UKOLN, University of Bath
- Wilbert Kraan, JISC CETIS
- Richard Jones, HP Labs
- Martin Morrey, Intrallect Ltd.
- Andy Powell, Eduserv Foundation
- Peter Millington, SHERPA, OpenDOAR
- Rachel Heery, Repositories Research Team, UKOLN, University of Bath
- Rachel Bruce, JISC
- Neil Jacobs, JISC
- Phil Barker, JISC CETIS/ ICBL, Heriot-Watt University
- R. John Robertson, Repositories Research Team, JISC CETIS, University of Strathclyde (eFramework rep)
- Peter Burnhill, EDINA
- Lorna Campbell, JISC CETIS, University of Strathclyde
- Cormac Connolly, Economic and Social Research Council
- Howard Noble, University of Oxford (ASK project)
- Chris Gutteridge, University of Southampton (University of Southampton, EPrints)
- Simon Coles, University of Southampton (R4L project)
- Ross MacIntyre, MIMAS
- Philip Hunter, University of Edinburgh (IRIScotland project)
- Phil Cross, University of Bristol (Intute Repository Search project)
- Rob Sanderson, University of Liverpool
- Brian Matthews, CCLRC
Events (Chronological Order)
- Many members of the CRIG met informally at the Content Packaging/Objects event held 1st February 2007.
- The first CRIG meeting on scenario development was held via teleconference on 29th March 2007.
- A series of CRIG "chats" were held via teleconference on Nov 8th, 2007 and podcast to the JISC community
- An Unconference  event took place on December 6th and 7th at Birkbeck College in Bloomsbury London.
- A Barcamp on 'ReST in Repositories' took place at the George Birkbeck Bar in Bloomsbury London on February 8th, 2008.
- The first Repository Challenge took place at the Open Repositories conference (OR08) in Southampton April 2nd through the 4th, 2008.
- A Barcamp on DRY Metadata took place at the University of Bath on 6th June 2008.
- The CRIG USA Roadshow took place in July 2008.
- The finale of the CRIG Roadshow was the first ever RepoCamp at the Library of Congress on Friday 25th July 2008 in Washington DC
- CRIG BarCamp on ORE coming soon.
Channels of Communication
Please tag any posts with crig or jisc-crig
- To join the JISCmail listserv (where event announcements are delivered) please email d.flanders [a+] bloomsbury.ac.uk
- CRIG Blog Planet Feed (RSS): http://feeds.feedburner.com/jisc-crig
- CRIG on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wocrig/
- CRIG on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9227306310
- CRIG on Twitter tag with: #crig http://twemes.com/crig