What is a Scenario?
A scenario is a brief narrative, or story, that describes the hypothetical use of a system. In one or more paragraphs, a scenario:
- Tells who is using the system and what they are trying to accomplish.
- Provides a realistic, fictional account of a user's constraints: when and where they are working, why they are using the system, and what they need the system to do for them.
- Describes any relevant aspects of the context in which the user is working with the system, including what information the user has on hand when beginning to use the system.
- Gives the user a fictional name, but it also identifies the user's role, such as student, faculty member, staff, or general public.
- Indicates what the user regards as a successful outcome of using the system.