Progress Report in Feb 2006
Progress Report September 2005 – February 2006
The following staff joined the team over this period:
UKOLN: Julie Allinson (1.0), Mahendra Mahey (1.0), Rachel Heery (0.2)
CETIS: Sarah Currier (0.5), Mark Power (0.5)
Workpackage 1. Repositories Support Management
- DRP wiki (DigiRep) and DRS wiki created.
- Jiscmail discussion lists established.
- Monthly DRS conference calls, documented on the DRS wiki.
Workpackage 2. Collation of projects’ process-oriented outputs
- Scenario and use cases: ‘Writing Effective Scenarios and Use Cases’ and ‘UML for use cases’ training arranged; supporting documents and templates on DigiRep; submission process established; some scenarios and use cases collected. Projects have indicated willingness to share. Ongoing.
- Workflows (business processes): UML training; FAQ on DigiRep; further discussion scheduled. Ongoing.
- Standards: Collaboration with JISC Standards Catalogue activity at UKOLN; sub-group of projects have input into Catalogue; planned conformance work. Ongoing.
- Scoping reference model: Evaluation of OAIS as a reference model, through DRS and CETIS Metadata and Digital Repositories SIG meeting
- Deposit API: Meeting of repository developers to specify a Deposit API. Ongoing.
- e-Framework: DRS have input into e-Framework service definitions and ELF.
- Themes: Identifying repository themes across the programme through site visits, to be mapped to reference model work. Ongoing.
Workpackage 3: Support for JISC’s Strategic Decision
- Roadmap in production; additional work by DRS on typology. Ongoing.
Workpackage 4: Advice and support to projects
- Gathering intelligence through project visits; creating FAQs and information pages on DigiRep. Ongoing.
- Training courses arranged (Scenarios, use cases and UML).
- Clusters established, including DigiRep pages for collaboration.
- DRS input into planning the forthcoming programme Cluster meetings.
- Site visits are helping to identify synergies and topic areas.
- DigiRep FAQs and Themes pages collate information on specific topic areas, including Personal Resource Management Strategies.
Workpackages 5: Programme dissemination and 6 Consultation/validation of work
- Repositories demonstration and advocacy package in production
- Presentations at JISC-CETIS Conference and elsewhere; publicity papers published.
- Meetings: Various attended, including meetings with Darenet, DLF, e-Framework, and forthcoming US Repository Interoperability meetings.