Systems Developer (Ref 09086PP)
To develop software to integrate a variety of digital repository software platforms with the JISC Information Environment’s Metadata Schema Registry (IEMSR). This post will entail a degree of collaboration with other developers working on the IEMSR and related projects. This post is funded directly by the JISC, and will be hosted by UKOLN.
2. Reporting Structure
The post-holder will be a member of the UKOLN Software and Systems Team and will report to the IEMSR Project Manager.
3. Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development of demonstrators to support the IEMSR service
- Enhancement of existing user-facing tools based on the IEMSR
Documentation and Dissemination
- Preparing documentation so that the wider community can replicate and/or build upon the work carried out by the postholder.
- To contribute to dissemination activities as appropriate e.g. conferences and workshops
- To undertake other relevant activities as indicated by the Project Manager.
4. Equal Opportunities
The post holder will carry out their job responsibilities with due regard to the University of Bath’s Equal Opportunities policy.
5. Terms and Conditions
These will be stated in the Contract of Employment.