Approaches To Indexing In The UK Higher Education Community
About This Paper
This paper is available in the University of Bath institutional repository (OPuS).
The paper is also available from the WWW 9 conference Web site.
The paper reports on the approaches to indexing taken in the UK Higher Education community. A review of the indexing software used in over 150 University web sites is given. Other approaches taken in the community are described including initiatives in providing regional and national indexing, indexing non-web resources and cross-searching.
Approaches To Indexing In The UK Higher Education Community, Kelly, B.
WWW9 Poster Proceedings, WWW9, May 15-19, 2000, Amsterdam
The following URLs were be used in the demonstration:
- Survey Of UK HE Institutional Search Engines - January 2000
- RDN Cross-Searching Example
- ACDC (Partial) Index of UK HE Web Sites
- Scottish Maestro Index of Scottish Resources
- BUILDER Example of Searching Across Communities