Archiving The UK Domain and UK Web Sites: What Are The Issues?
Brian Kelly gave a talk on Archiving The UK Domain and UK Web Sites: What Are The Issues? at the DPC Forum on Web-Archiving: Managing and Archiving Online Documents and Records held at the IPMS, 75-9 York Road, London, SE1 7AW on 25th March 2002.
The talk took place from 11:00-11:30.
The following additional information is available:
- The most up-to-date statistics for .uk registrations (excluding .gov.uk and .ac.uk) is at http://www.nic.uk/news/stats/
- Figures on total active domain registrations (used to include all .uk and go into a lot more detail) at http://www.domainstats.com/
- A global survey aimed at how many users are online (stats for this are broken down into countries) at http://www.nua.ie/surveys/how_many_online/europe.html
- Netcraft shows info for number of Web sites versus type of server - is TLD specific. See http://www.netcraft.com/
- http://www.isc.org/ds/WWW-200201/dist-byname.html - Distribution by top level domain name
- http://www.zooknic.com/ - An Internet Geography Project - contains some Domain name distribution stats and graphs
- http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/pub-services/stats/hostcount/ - The RIPE Region Hostcount