Projects and Initiatives
UKOLN has been involved in a number of activities that have delivered, developed or researched into the issues associated with distributed systems.
- Gate-Z - a Bath Profile compliant Z39.50 gateway
- IMesh Toolkit - an architecture and toolkit for distributed subject gateways
- JISC Information Environment Architecture - material supporting the development of the JISC IE (the DNER)
- MODELS - MOving to Distributed Environments for Library Services
- OA-Forum: Open Archives Forum - a Europe-based focus for dissemination of information about European activity related to open archives and the Open Archive Initiative
- OpenURL demonstrator
- Renardus - Academic Subject Gateway Service Europe
- Resource Discovery Network - a free Internet service dedicated to providing effective access to high quality Internet resources for the learning, teaching and research community.
- UK Interoperability Focus - facilitating connected communities...
- Z-directory - a directory of Z39.50 targets in the UK with links to other international directories
Links to Resources
- Open Source Software for Digital Repositories: DSpace and Fedora
- Open Archives Initiative
- Z39.50 in Europe - a number of North American resources are inevitably included, although the European dimension is emphasised where possible.
- Agora - an eLib phase 3 hybrid library project