- to investigate the extent of cross-use of publicly-funded libraries in Birmingham/
Solihull and Sheffield and the reasons for cross-use.
- to develop a policy, strategy and implementation plan for co-operation and collaboration
between publicly-funded (Public, HE and FE) libraries in Birmingham/Solihull and
Sheffield. The policy, strategy and implementation plan will be developed from the
findings of an investigation into cross-use of publicly-funded libraries and on solutions
available, including networks.
- to develop transferable models of co-operation and collaboration for other regions in
the UK, based on those developed for Birmingham/Solihull and Sheffield.
Clare Nankivell - Project Manager
Centre for Information Research and Training
University of Central England in Birmingham
Birmingham B42 2SU
British Library Research and Innovation Centre
Seventeen months : Spring 1997 - Summer 1998.
UKOLN staff who worked on this project: Sarah Ormes
- Nankivell, C. (1997) A Fair Sharing of Resources?. Library Association Record,
Library Resources Exhibition Supplement. Vol. 99(5) May.
- Clare Nankivell, Judith Elkin & William Foster: People Flows. British
Library RIC report 167. (ISBN: 0712397515 978-0712397513)