Other Museum Issues
- Museums need to describe real objectsand surrogates in a similar manner
- guidelines/standards therefore need to encompass both, despite their differences
- Resource descriptions will often be drawn from existing collection management systems in the first instance, rather than created afresh
- guidelines therefore need to respect existing practices within established systems
- There is often no ‘right’ answer
- so practices need to allow for approximate dates, multiple possible creators, etc.