Issues of Surrogacy
- Many of the resources we describe are, in reality, surrogates for something else
- we need to be clear whether we aredescribing the resource or its surrogate
- the sculptor of a statue is often not the person who made its photographic surrogate
- the model of the Forbidden City is unlikely to have been created at the same date as the Forbidden City itself
- the format of a computer image of the Mona Lisa (image/jpeg ?)is not the same as the format of the original painting (oil on canvas ?).