IWMW 2008

Supporting The IWMW 2008 Event

Russell Allen

Chapter 1 - in which one of the co-presenters expresses his reluctance to engage in social networking but nevertheless is consumed by anticipatory excitement

Good Grief! I'm glad I didn't pay to have that photo taken. However, it's a first in that I usually hide behind a set of carefully chosen, cultishly ironic/iconic avatars. But as I'm one of the presenters it is probably better that you get a facsimile of me, no matter how crudely executed rather than turn up expecting to hear from Samurai Jack.
Up ‘til now I haven't been fan of social networking. I've brushed with blogging, My Space, Face book and Second life amongst others, but the demands of real life with its rather more urgent reward/penalty structure means that like many others (having been poked once too many times by some 'genuine pharma meds' 'friend'), I withdrew; for the time being anyway. So why contribute to this piece of social networking? Well in no particular order of priority,
• It’s specific to the conference so doesn't need to go on and on to the point where I'm writing lists of my top ten favourite lyrics or my favourite colour cat hair or clouds that resemble celebrities.
• A space to say hello and welcome to potential participants of Claire and my presentation.
• It allows me to work in some Gartner phraseology that I heard at a recent conference which deserves a wider audience; knowledge wardrobe anyone?
• Ascertain by group consensus whether there is an actual number by which death-by-PowerPoint does occurs and if so, how we avoid it.
• Finally, whether anyone is prepared to share, ahead of our talk some of the issues they are currently facing or have had to overcome concerning implementing a WCMS. If information can be shared ahead of our talk, it will enable Claire and I to tailor our presentation and move it from a rough hewn Primark suit to an artfully designed, bespoke accessory that would complement all our ‘knowledge wardrobes’.

Sorry.
I look forward to your responses and contributions.

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! Knowledge Wardrobe? Good grief.

Reply to This

Reply to This

RSS

© 2010   Created by Brian Kelly.   Powered by .

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service