IWMW 2008

Supporting The IWMW 2008 Event

Russell Allen

Chapter 3 – in which the Project Manager is impressed by the number of replies to the group and shares his experiences of presentation creation

Firstly I want to say thanks for the activity in this group. Having an understanding about people’s requirements before the session is always helpful. Claire and I have been busy tailoring away to make sure the time you spend with us will be as focused and useful as possible. In fact, this knowledge has provided an additional spur to ensure that the presentation is ready ahead of time. I think that this is a first for me as we’ve now got a clear idea of what we’re going to say. In fact we’ve got so far as to fire up PowerPoint, debate at unnecessary length which theme to use, get writer’s block, create far too many slides, edit them, add some pictures, remove the unsuitable ones, realise we were trying to answer every single question, work out the presentation would take three days to deliver, fillet it and get it back down to a more manageable length and then agree that we had what we thought would be most useful. So, apart from the usual pre-presentation jitters (which can be dealt with sensibly by the application of neat whisky to the affected areas – never more than a pint though!) I think we are ready to go.
This is likely to be my last contribution, unless of course more people decide they want to add comments and contributions. That being the case Claire or I will gladly respond either by the power of the spoken or written word. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone next week and if you’ve suffered from an attack of Oracle Portal, I’ll willingly share my medicine with you.

Reply to This

© 2010   Created by Brian Kelly.   Powered by .

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service