Business and the economy
Interactive access to resources
- Trade bodies
- Job opportunities
- Training packages
- Consumer news and information
- Public libraries will have access to more up to date business information from all around the world, e.g. stock market figures (Tel Aviv, Tehran stock exchanges are online).
- Trade bodies will be e-mailable, information available instantly on web pages. (An example you could use is the UK Icecream Alliance pages http://www.ice-cream.org/ )
- National and international searchable list of jobs online. (An example is the Guardian’s Recruitnet which allows you to search their job adverts by specific search terms http://recruitnet.guardian.co.uk/ or you can find English as a Foreign Language jobs from all over the world at http://www.pacificnet.net/~sperling/jobcenter.html )
- Libraries will provide access to online/CD-ROM training packages, i.e. how to write a CV.
- The Library will be able to provide access to up to date consumer news and information from around the world (an example is Motorcycle Consumer News http://www.mcnews.com/ )
- The library will provide access to all these services online so people won’t have to come into the library to use them.
You could use the James Expands His Business scenario here (slide 21)
Powerpoint Users: if you want to use the James Expands His Business scenario click on the large image to go to the relevant slide - when you have finished the scenario click on the image of James to come back to this slide.