Slide 6 of 23
- Libraries to develop new services whilst retaining the best of existing ones.
- Aim of libraries still to ‘enable all people to prosper’ - through development of skills, access to resources, community outreach, literacy work. New Library will be available for all information needs - whether electronic or print.
- The New Library will link into the National Grid for Learning.
- New Library provide the means for people to gain access to their Government.
- All staff will be trained to use the new technology and to guide and assist the public in their use of IT.