Preparing for Effective Adoption and Use of Ebooks in Education
The final version of the TechWatch report entitled Preparing for Effective Adoption and Use of Ebooks in Education is now available.
Updated in light of feedback received from a preview version released in September, this report is a primer to help academic librarians, managers, and members of faculty respond effectively as ebooks become mainstream and the percentage of academic publications delivered as ebooks rises steadily.
The report aims to support the adoption of ebooks by:
- introducing the historical and present context of ebooks
- reviewing the basics of ebook technologies
- considering scenarios for ebook adoption and usage
- addressing current challenges
- considering future developments.
Published by JISC Observatory and written by commissioned author James Clay (Gloucestershire College) with production editing and project management provided by UKOLN Innovation Support Centre, this is the fourth in a series of TechWatch reports published since 2011.