- ‘optional’ extensibility of SCHEME and SUBELEMENT found to be essential. LANG useful in certain cases
- every use of a SCHEME or SUBELEMENT increases Dublin Core’s value to one discipline, and reduces interoperability with the others
- many SCHEMEs and SUBELEMENTs identified in workshop reports
- integrated report attempts to aggregate these, moving back towards interoperable generalisations
- where is middle ground between value to one discipline and the over–reaching goal of interoperability?