Assessing the Dublin Core (1)
- Dublin Core is not
- a replacement for existing detailed metadata schemes
- they still have an (important) role to play
- a means for describing data sets, concepts, or subject issues in great detail
- the answer to all our problems (!)
- Many of the problems encountered by workshops were not with Dublin Core itself, but were related to more generic data description and cataloguing issues
- In many cases, workshops began by confusing these external issues with those integral to Dublin Core.