Dublin Core for Museums: Assumptions
- In applying Dublin Core to museums, we aremaking certain basic assumptions, many of which were tested by CIMI
- DC is appropriate for use in describing both physical and digital resources
- DC is easy to learn and simple to use
- Information can be meaningfully and efficiently extracted from existing museum systems in order to populate DC records
- the creation of a DC record to describe a museum object is cost–effective, and aids the discovery of resources more than simply allowing access to the underlying Collection Management system might.