Introducing the 1:1 Principle
- In a record describing a photo of the Mona Lisa on a web page, for example…
- Leonardo da Vinci is not the creator of the image
- The image was not created during the Renaissance
- …but you might include these as Subject terms, and you could usefully provided a link to the record describing the real painting via Dublin Core’s Relation element
- Equally, in describing the painting itself…
- http://www.louvre.fr/…/monalisa.jpg is not the Identifier of the painting
- but you might link to this image via Relation, just to show people what the painting looks like.